The Three D's

Tuesday - Disorganized, Despair, Depression

Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief. My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning; my strength fails because of my affliction, and my bones grow weak.
Psalms 31: 9, 10

The 3 D’s will happen during this time, but it’s OK. It really is. During a time of loss, you will hurt in un-imaginable and sometimes completely new ways, never experienced before, but let it happen.

Nothing is normal at this time, everything is fresh in a horrible, life facing reality, kind of way. Daily hum drum goings-on seem painfully forced. Holidays are completely different in every way, birthdays are scary, paying bills reminds you of life “before”. You wake up in the morning and “it” is still there and your stomach starts to hurt. As painful as this time is, without looking upward for the healing process to begin, you will start to look laterally and start the blame process, either in the mirror or at loved ones.

You must look to God or the pain will consume you like no other force you’ve known, in ways you never thought possible. The process will hurt, but you have to make the decision to let God walk you through the development of your grief. Otherwise, you will allow hopelessness to lead and guide you, and that, my friend, is a very dangerous process that leads to ruin.

Lord, in spite of my pain, please, help me to look upward to You. Help me to see through the tears to where You want me to be during this process. Lord, guide me to who You need me to be near and how You want me to handle each situation.