The New Normal

Friday

As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, ………What counts is whether we have been transformed into a new creation. May God’s peace and mercy be upon all who live by this principle; they are the new people of God. Galatians 6: 14-16


Inevitably, life will go on. Seasons will come and go completely unaware of how your world stopped in it’s tracks. After learning what you are capable of physically, emotionally and every other way possible, you will be well on your way to defining your New Normal.

Grief in our lives is always there, the question is, does this influence every decision we make because we view everything through the “lens” of this event? Initially, yes, that will happen, however, it should not stay that way. If you decide to allow God to guide you through the process of grief and healing, you will be able to put the grief aside and be a healthy “new” person. You will never be the same, but you can still be you.

I have personally witnessed many loved ones screech through life tossing and turning while looking laterally for answers and revenge. I have also observed far fewer people look upward. As they looked upward, God used the pain in their lives for good. As a result, they were able to successfully heal and then turn around and help others through their pain. As you navigate through life to find your new normal, rely on God more than any other thing or person in your life.

Dear Lord, when I am ready, please, help me to find my new normal and I want You to be in it, during the entire process.